My neighbor has been convicted twice of conspiracy to commit robbery, can she carry a gun?

Martinsburg, WV |

My neighbor has had many charges, I don't know if she is actually a felon, but she did plead guilty to 2 charges of conspiracy to commit robbery. Can she legally can a gun?

1. One would think not, but I am not familiar with the gun laws in WV. Perhaps ask your police department. I'm sure they know who can carry and who cannot.

To questioners from West Virginia & New York: Although I am licensed to practice in your state, I practice on a day-to-day basis in Massachusetts. I answer questions in your state in areas of the law in which I practice, and in which I feel comfortable trying to offer you assistance based on my knowledge of specific statutes in your state and/or general principles applicable in all states. It is always best, however, to work with attorneys and court personnel in your own area to deal with specific problems and factual situations.

2. If she is a felon, then no. Unless she has had her rights restored by a court order. However, conspiracy is a charge that mimics the severity
    of the principal crime, ie felony robbery = felony conspiracy vs petit larceny = misdemeanor conspiracy

This is not legal advice nor does its usage create any attorney client relationship. You should always speak individually with a licensed attorney in the appropriate jurisdiction. Please contact me today to set up a free consultation.