My neighbor fixes cars in his yard for other people, the noise and fumes are making me sick. are there any laws or ordinances

Asked over 1 year ago - Buffalo, NY

that prohibit this. He works at an auto repair shop and I guess he thinks he could repair cars in his yard for extra income. Is this legal?

1. Marco Caviglia

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . It almost certainly is not. First, there are strict ordinances in all cities prohibiting this in other than designated commercial zones. Second, he is operating a repair shop without a license, and the state will prosecute him. He is an environmental hazard, for example dumping oil, intentionally or not, into the ground or storm drains. You my file a complaint with the city and with the state.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

1

Answered . It may not be. Speak with the police or Health Department.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

1

Answered . Try the local building department as well as the police and board of health as another responder suggested.