Skip to main content

My neighbor continues to harrass. What should I do?

Shelby, MS |

I live across the street from my neighbor. We both have private driveways across from each other. My neighbor harrasses me everytime someone parks their vehicle on the side of the road in front of my house. She claims that the vehicles block her driveway. Let me remind you that the vehicles are never directly in the road, because we don't want to block traffic. They always parked on the opposite sides of my driveway or across my driveway.

This neighbor acts as though the vehicles are being parked on her side of the road in front of her house. I am tired of this.

What should I do about this neighbor?

Attorney Answers 2


Some people are just a pain. But if all she is doing is yelling that is not enough to get an injuction.
If she hurts you in some way, or attacks someone's car then you could file a police complaint. You can do so for the verbal harassment but I believe all she will get is a warning from the judge.

You might find my legal guide on selecting and hiring a lawyer helpful.
You might find my legal guide on Is it Legal? Is it Illegal? helpful.
You might find my legal guide on the understanding the different court systems helpful.
You might find my legal guide on legal terms used in litigation helpful.
(Even if you are not filing a lawsuit this information can be useful).

Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information.

Mark as helpful


I agree with Mr. Sarno. Some people are just difficult people. Unfortunately, I do not believe that your summary rises to the level of harassment that will support a restraining order. To be certain of that, you should consult with a Mississippi lawyer.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics