My neighbor across the street from me has mounted a camera on her house and is aiming it at the front of my house. My options?

Sarasota, FL |

This same neighbor was instrumental in having my son removed from my custody by reporting me to DCF for inadequate supervision of my child when she saw my son on the driveway, the garage door open, no car inside and she assumed he was unsupervised when he actually had gone into the garage and opened the door after my roommate had taken my car to the store. I guess she thought no one was home but ever since then she has had some kind of personal vendetta and now she's mounted a camera I guess to watch who comes and goes to my house, or even when I come and go.

It is not legal for your neighbor to record you without your permission. You should consult with an attorney who can write the neighbor a cease and desist letter. If the neighbor refuses to comply the attorney can advise you of the next steps.

This communication is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. It is always recommended you consult an attorney in person to discuss your case. The Law Offices of Stage & Associates practices state-wide and represents homeowners and community associations. Please visit our website at

Video recording laws topics

Recommended articles about Video recording laws