My name is Mr. Kelly Byrns. I want to sue Sutter Coast Medical Center in Crescent City Calif.

Eureka, CA |

I went to Sutter Coast Medical Center on April 30, 2013 for a possible broken rib. Sutter Coast took 5 x-rays of me and told me that I have a bruised rib and sent me home. I went home and suffered for 9 days before I could not take the pain anymore, so I went to Mad River Community Hospital to get another evaluation. Mad River Hospital took x-rays and blood tests. Mad River found 3 broken ribs, a clasped lung, pneumonia and a blood infection that turned out to be flesh eating bacteria that attached to my ribs. I had to have emergency surgery to save my life. Sutter Coast Medical Center sent me home making me believe I had only a bruised rib and that I would be ok ? I would have died if I thought Sutter Coast gave me the correct diagnosis.

1. Request a complete copy of your medical records from both facilities and contact a medical malpractice attorney in your area. Good luck!

2. As a continuation of the good advice of Ms. Hobbs, you might consider "Find a Lawyer" function at the bottom of this page.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

3. I'm sorry to hear about this misdiagnosis. Retain a local med mal lawyer to order all the medical records to send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

4. Sounds lie you may have a medical malpractice case. We handle these cases all over California, for a free consultation call 800 816 1529 x.1.

No attorney/client relationship is or shall be created by this response on Avvo to non-clients of The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez.

5. I am not familiar with this medical center, but you need to call an attorney and get this case reviewed. I think there may be a case, but you may have as little as 6 months from the ER visit to file, so do not wait.