My name is Lance myself and my 2 children were recently rear ended on the freeway in a traffic area by a lady in her work truck

Asked almost 2 years ago - Oceanside, CA

my car is registerd out of state with no insurance. I got photos of her lic. insurance paper and registration info (insurance papers expired) a least the one i have.

1. Steven Mark Sweat

22

Answered . Rear end collisions are almost always the fault of the driver in the rear. You would be entitled to only collect for your medical bills (assuming you were injured) and property damages but, not pain and suffering (as a "penalty" for not having insurance under prop. 213). Your children, however, assuming they were injured, would be entitled to medical expenses and pain and suffering as passengers in your vehicle. You need to get your insurance reinstated and obtain valid registration on your vehicle or you face potential criminal infractions. A personal injury attorney could trace the insurance coverage for the vehicle and open a claim with the driver's insurance or the carrier for her company.

2. William Peter Daley

15

Answered . The other attorneys all gave you good info. My advice is as some have stated, don't drive without insurance. California law limits the recovery of drivers in accidents if they don't carry insurance. Fortunately this may not apply to your children. You need to consult with an attorney.

Pro

15

Answered . Attorney Sweat gave you a good answer, and I would just urge you never to drive without insurance as you put yourself and others at serious risk.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Shawn Michael Haggerty

13

Answered . Question please.

5. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

11

Answered . When involved in a freeway speed motor vehicle collision with child passengers, the top and immediate priority is to get the children medical attention. If any adult driver or passenger has any pain or other symptoms, he or she should also seek immediate medical attention. In the meanwhile, the police should have been called to the scene to prepare a report. If the driver who is not at fault has no insurance, this is an issue which can limit the amount of compensation, but a local personal injury attorney can explain the details and who exactly is limited by the failure of the driver to obey insurance laws.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen&Molinaro;, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com
    "When you need a Lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

** This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

6. Norman Gregory Fernandez

Pro

10

Answered . My law firm handles car accident cases all over the state of California. You can read about these cases at http://www.thepersonalinjury.com . Our office gives free consultations over the phone 24 hours a day at 800-816-1529 x. 1.

7. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

10

Answered . The fact of the matter is that you need an experienced personal injury attorney to represent you in your case. To give you a more accurate estimate, I would need to review the details of your case and begin to track down the opposing parties information. I hope you found my answer helpful

Scott J Corwin
    (310) 207-4030

8. Michael Shemtoub

7

Answered . The other attorneys provided a good response in reference to you should always have a legal license and proper insurance. However, this does not take the fault of the other driver's negligence away from their actions. They will still be held responsible for the children's damages and medical. I suggest you make a consultation appointment to ensure the accident claim is handled properly.

9. A Melissa Johnson

6

Answered . If you or your children were injured, you should seek medical attention for your injuries.

You should contact an attorney who is experienced in handling personal injury matters. My office offers free consultations.

Melissa Johnson
    The Spencer Law Firm
    2727 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 140
    San Diego, California 92108
    619-233-1313

One or more answers have been taken down.