My name is Leslie.Child support was set yesterday during a hearing, but it does not specify if it is retroactive.

Asked over 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

I need to file a separate withholding order. I need to know how to proceed. We seperated in early January of this year. Should I make the support retroactive or how do I proceed?

1. Karen L. Marvel

Answered . I am presuming you represent yourself based on the way you posed the question. If you did not request support back to the date of filing (or separation) in your pleadings and you did not put on testimony about retroactive support the order is prospective only. You can always ask for retroactive support before these temporary orders in your divorce decree by: adding into your pleadings and putting on evidence that you are entitled to it. Good luck.