My name is Leslie.Child support was set yesterday during a hearing, but it does not specify if it is retroactive.

Asked over 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

I need to file a separate withholding order. I need to know how to proceed. We seperated in early January of this year. Should I make the support retroactive or how do I proceed?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Karen L. Marvel

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . I am presuming you represent yourself based on the way you posed the question. If you did not request support back to the date of filing (or separation) in your pleadings and you did not put on testimony about retroactive support the order is prospective only. You can always ask for retroactive support before these temporary orders in your divorce decree by: adding into your pleadings and putting on evidence that you are entitled to it. Good luck.

    Please be advised the posting of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Karen L. Marvel and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,491 answers this week

2,938 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,491 answers this week

2,938 attorneys answering