My Mother was outside USA for 163 days from april 6 , 2012 to april 6, 2012 .Can she go out USA for 2 months this april 9 or 10?

My mother is a Greencard holder. In 2009, 2010, 2011 my mother was outside USA for 40days each year but from 6th april 2012 to 6th april 2013 she was outside USA for 5.5 months ( 163 days ) . She went outside USA last year 6th april and came back after 3 months ,and was in USA for 3 months and again went out USA for 2.5 months and after that she is now in USA for last 3 months 21days ( april 6, 2013) .

Brooklyn, NY -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (3)

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA


(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

She will be OK

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Immigration Attorney - Newark, CA

Depends on the purpose of the trip besides the length.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.