My mother wants to apply for US citizenship,she is 63 years old, but lack English abilities.

Asked over 4 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

She wants to take the citizenship test in her native language (Korean) but she doesn't meet the minimum age limit and she's only been in states for 5 years. Is there anyway to take it in Korean? She is at a very fragile mental state as she is going through severe anxiety and depression, so it's very difficult for her to learn English right now.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . It might be possible to get an exemption if the mnetal state is severe enough that it will prevent her from learning the necessary english. Form N-648 should be filed with the N-400.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,504 answers this week

3,655 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,504 answers this week

3,655 attorneys answering