Skip to main content

My mother's holding 10 year green card and currently in the States, my two childs (3 and 5 years old) are US citizens and

Tacoma, WA |
Filed under: Immigration

out of the States, can three of them help to process getting my family (2 adults + 2 childs < 18 years old) to the states faster? And how much faster? Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your mother needs to become a US citizen in order to sponsor a married son. You children cannot sponsor a parent until they are 21 years of age.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Your children can't petition for you until age 21. As a permanent resident your mother can't petition for you if you are married. I recommend a detailed personal evaluation including possibilities for your mother becoming a citizen and analysis if what other options you may have

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.


What is not fast for you? And what is faster?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer