My mother received felony on a conspiricy to violate the controlled substance act category c

Las Vegas, NV |

THIS WAS BECUASE OF HER HUSBAND AND SHE GOT RELEASED FROM JAIL DID ALL DRUG CLASES AND ALSO PASSED ALL THE DRUG TEST THAT WERE MADE AND WENT TO ALL THE CLASES PAYED HER FINES AND THE CASE WAS CLOSED EARLY TO BEING GOOD I GUESSS AND FOLLOWING ALL THE STEPS PROVIDED TO HER, WELL NOW I WANT TO FILE FOR HER GREEN CARD IM HER SON AND I WANTED TO SEE IF THIS IS GONNA BE A GAP TO THAT IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET IT REMOVED MAYBE VACATE IT OR GET IT SEALED OR WOULD I BE ABLE TO BRING IT TO A MISDEAMEANOR.

1. YOU NEED TO HIRE A CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORENY IN YOUR AREA TO SEE WHAT, IF ANY, OPTIONS YOUR MOTHER HAS. If SHE PLEAD GUILTY TO A FELONY, YOU'VE GOT SOME PROBLEMS TO ADDRESS.

You should also consult with an immigration lawyer regarding the ICE matter.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. I may be possible to vacate the conviction provided the required number of years have elapsed since all conditions were satisfied. That means all fines paid, sentence served and probation terminated. Also, generally speaking, there cannot be any previous convictions vacated and there can be no subsequent convictions.

Rules on vacating convictions vary from state to state so I would suggest you consult with a local criminal defense attorney to determine if she is eligible to vacate the conviction. I would also recommend that you consult with a local immigration attorney to discuss the implications of the conviction on getting a green card.

3. A felony conviction with drugs is pretty much fatal to any green card application. It is best to consult a criminal defense attorney and an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.