My mother is us citizen, how long is going to take if she apply for my brother to bring him in us? My brother is in Afghanistan.

Asked over 3 years ago - New York, NY

What form my mother need to fill out ? In order to bring my non citizen brother from Afghanistan to USA.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with the above answer.

    For further information about waiting times, please see the latest State Department Visa Bulletin at

  2. Andre R. Olivie

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . If your brother is under 21 years old than it can be done in less than a year. If your brother is older than 21 than it wil take about 5 years. She needs to file form I-130 with proof of the relationship, such as a birth certificate and proof of her U.S. citizenship. The current fee is $420.00.

    If you still find the process confusing, you mother may want to hire an immigration attorney who can do it for her.

    You can find more information here

    Andre Olivie, Esq.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,730 answers this week

2,990 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,730 answers this week

2,990 attorneys answering