My mother is us citizen, how long is going to take if she apply for my brother to bring him in us? My brother is in Afghanistan.

Asked over 3 years ago - New York, NY

What form my mother need to fill out ? In order to bring my non citizen brother from Afghanistan to USA.
Thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

7

Answered . I agree with the above answer.

For further information about waiting times, please see the latest State Department Visa Bulletin at

2. Andre R. Olivie

Answered . If your brother is under 21 years old than it can be done in less than a year. If your brother is older than 21 than it wil take about 5 years. She needs to file form I-130 with proof of the relationship, such as a birth certificate and proof of her U.S. citizenship. The current fee is $420.00.

If you still find the process confusing, you mother may want to hire an immigration attorney who can do it for her.

You can find more information here http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/A1en.pdf.

Andre Olivie, Esq.