My mother is signing the title of her mobile home to myself. Do I need to have it notarized? I reside in Florida.

Asked 6 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

My sister is executor of my mother's estate and does not know my mother is doing this. I'm afraid she may say my mother was not of sound mind, which she is. Should I have some type of paper with some type of verbiage indicating my mother was of sound mind and notarized. In Florida, mobile homes are treated like cars and you just have to sign a title.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Barbara Billiot Stage


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . If you think the transfer will be challenged later, then it's best to have a notarized statement.

    This communication is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. It is always recommended you consult... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,176 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,176 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering