My mother is presently staying illegally in the USA, will this affect my K1 visa (fiancé visa) interview next month?

New York, NY |

My mother left through a tourist visa last November. My fiancé sent his petition last february and got approved last week. I am going to have my interview in few weeks. Does my mother status affects my k1 interview soon?

1. It should not.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. No, it shouldn't.

3. It should not.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.