Skip to main content

My mother in law is giving me her deceased son car but she has no title

Riviera Beach, FL |

My mother in law has had this car registered in her name since his death. I am having trouble getting a title for this car

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If it is registered in her name-she should be able to transfer the title.
    If she has lost the title-she should be able to apply for a lost title so she can
    transfer to you.

    The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

  2. Your mother in law can apply for a duplicate title and once she receives it, she can transfer it to you.

    Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

  3. Have her apply for a title and then transfer it to you.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics