My mother in law had surgery for her galbladder.. she died two days after surgery due to sepsis.. can we sue the hospital ?

Phoenix, AZ |

She was fine before the surgery and was told it was a simple surgery.. she was tested before the surgery for sepsis and it was negative.. after the surgery she was tested and was positive.. she passed away two days after the surgery.

Note*** The surgery was in Fresno California***

You should contact a medical malpractice attorney in Phoenix.

Although I am not licensed in Arizona I did spend many years there prior to practicing law. You may feel free to contact me to discuss in more detail and perhaps I may be able to recommend someone.

Good luck

Benn Law, LLC
267-773-8446

BENN LAW, LLC 1617 JFK BLVD, SUITE 1240 PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103 267-773-8446 ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP / LEGAL ADVICE / RESULTS DISCLAIMER: The injury, auto accident, car accident, negligence, or other legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship.

I am sorry for your loss. What a terrible tragedy. Sepsis often can be reversed if timely recognized. This requires the nursing staff and doctors to do their duty to spot the signs and symptoms and initiate the proper treatment. I have handled and am currently handling several similar cases. Please call me at 520-204-4024. See my info at http://www.kbsds.com/bio/JamesCampbell.asp

James Campbell.

James J D Campbell

James J D Campbell

Thank you for the additional information that the surgery took place in California. I agree with Ms. Brady that you need to contact a California attorney that specializes in medical negligence cases. I wish you the best.

If the surgery was in Fresno, then you need to get with a California licensed attorney, who can get your mother's hospital records to an expert witness to determine whether you have a case against the hospital. It is possible you do, but a thorough review of the records is necessary to make that determination.

Death following gall bladder surgery is unusual. What caused the sepsis and what could have been done to treat it are the questions that need to be answered. The hospital and the surgeon both had responsiblities to your mom and you need to find out who was doing what. It is impossible to know what happened to your mother without looking at the medical records. I'd be happy to talk to you and take a look at the records. My contact informationis at the website below.

Your claim is probably governed by one or more limitations periods. This means that you must take certain actions within a certain period of time to preserve all of your rights. A limitations period can be very short. I encourage you to speak with a lawyer who handles medical negligence cases in your area as soon as possible. I would be happy to help you find someone.

It is certainly possible. Consult witha medical malpractice attorney in California as soon as possible.