Skip to main content

My mother has been missing since 2003, her case is still open. There is $ owed to her, how can I attain it?

Aurora, IL |
Filed under: Probate Probate assets

State records show there is money owed to her. I only have case # from police department

Attorney Answers 2


If your mother has no been declared dead, you should see to this. If this has already been accomplished, then open an estate for purposes of collecting money. You need to consult with a probate attorney for best results.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Get a lawyer and do what he says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics