My mother has been missing since 2003, her case is still open. There is $ owed to her, how can I attain it?

Aurora, IL |

State records show there is money owed to her. I only have case # from police department

1. If your mother has no been declared dead, you should see to this. If this has already been accomplished, then open an estate for purposes of collecting money. You need to consult with a probate attorney for best results.

2. Get a lawyer and do what he says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Wills and estates topics