My mother has a checking account listed as "Jane Doe" Trustee for "Son Doe".

Asked about 1 year ago - Franklin, NC

I had to do a POA over her affairs as she is barely able to write anymore. While I do have signature rights on the account, I only use it for her bills etc. With pending issues regarding medicaid and such are the assets of that account to be considered part of her assets or is it funds being held for the "Son Doe"?

1. Steven M Zelinger

Pro

2

1

Answered . If the account is a uniform trust for minors account the money is the son's not the trustee's (Jane/Mom). There is however an issue with who is trustee for Son Doe.

2. Michael Leo Potter

Pro

Answered . It makes sense to work with an Estate Planning attorney in that jurisdiction. Use the 'Find-A-Lawyer' search engine above at the top of this page. Good Luck on this one.