My mother died on 6-4-2012 and I was wondering what I need to do to find out what is legally mine or if there is any inheritance

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

She recently went on disability and it feels like someone is taking advantage of me and taking all my stuff and happiness. I became a victim in 2007 and have been requesting help but have been refused. She lived in Orlando and moved into a room for rent and really feel someone tried/did murder her in a slick way. Please if you have any information please let me know what I need to do.

1. Stephanie Sauer Woods

Pro

2

Answered . You need to have a consultation with a probate lawyer.

2. Jason Royce Mosley

2

Answered . As Stephanie says, you should consult with a probate attorney. However, if she was on disability, you may also be able to report her case to the Department of Children and Families for investigation. The Fraud Division handles cases of elder exploitation when the person was receiving Medicaid or Disability.

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . Meet with probate attorney.
    He/she can advise if probate case has been filed.
    If not-you could start one to gain power to investigate
    your suspicions