Skip to main content

My mother died in a hospital and i believe it was medical neglegence

Fort Worth, TX |

mother had surgery which was succefull was sent home them had to return to the hospital due to a infection during her stay in the first hospital she was sexually abused by a male and female nurse and the people who done this to her threatened her life and since she wasnt able to speak well she wasnt able to give a police report but indtead requested to be moved to another facility to where she did make the police report. at the next facility she was being well taken care of in the icu but once she was moved from the icu she was barley payed any attention at all and even when she was in pain and requesting pain meds her pleas where ignored for hours at a time one the the doctor gave the orders to a nurse to change her colostomy bag but the nurse did not do so and the bag be cont

well due to the bag rupturing all of its contents went everywhere and in to her wounds and all over her body and due to this happening the went into sepsis started to hallucinate an running high fevers to the point where she went into a coma and died

Attorney Answers 4

  1. I recommend that you contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney to discuss your potential case. Under Texas law, there are numerous hurdles that have to be overcome in each medical malpractice case. One of the major ones involves securing an expert witness to write a report concerning the standard of care, who violated the standard of care and how that caused harm. I have handled numerous infection cases that led to the death of a person. The attorney who you retain will end up obtaining all of the medical records, carefully studying them and then discussing the issues with you and an expert. At that point, you will know whether or not it will be possible to pursue your case.

    Medical malpractice cases are complex and I believe that clients are best served by contacting an experienced medical malpractice attorney. After all, results matter! You are welcome to contact me at 281-580-8800 or This Avvo comment does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

  2. I am assuming you have documentation. Perhaps even photo's.
    In addition to hiring a lawyer, you need to contact law enforcement.

  3. Use this site to find a good malpractice lawyer near you.

  4. I am sorry for your loss.

    I suggest that you consult a Fort Worth plaintiffs' lawyer who is certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Medical malpractice is a sub-specialty of personal injury trial law. A link to the Board's website appears below.

    Good luck.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics