Skip to main content

My mortgage company informed me they would give me $35,000.00 if I could Short Sell my home if 3 conditions were met and I did.

Bradenton, FL |
Filed under: Short sales

3 conditions were met. Have a registered RE agent, sell by certain date & sale price being accepted by my mortgage co. Mortgage Co. told me to obtain a FORGIVENESS FORM from IRS to eliminate the tax on $35,000.00. At closing, a credit card lien had to be paid of $5000.00 leaving me $30,000.00 which I received. If this is true, what is the form I need and how do I obtain it?

Attorney Answers 2


You will need to either go to the IRS website or call them to get the proper form. I would try the website first.

My answer is of a general nature and should not be construed to be legal advice nor creating an attorney-client relationship. Carol Johnson Law Firm, P.A. practices in the area of Wills, Trusts, and Estates, Disability - with a particular focus on providing Special Needs Trusts for disabled children and adults.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Yes many short sales offer those incentives. Speak to a real estate attorney to assist you

Mark as helpful

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics