My mortgage bank committed fraud upon the court to obtain foreclosure judgement( NYS judge meanwhile was asleep)chapter 13 NY NY

The so called lender knew right from the start that they had no standing & were the wrong party but kept on submitting false documents in state court to get final judgement by FRAUD. Now I am in chapter 13(still in the house).I now have solid evidence of fraud.I have to sue the fake lender,servicer & fraud mill attorney NYS--what kind of attorney should I go to & which court is better for me for damages & justice.Any attorney recommendation ?.I under stand you have no liability for any suggestion/recommendation.

New York, NY -

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

You need an attorney who regularly deals with foreclosure issues.

Stephen M Trezza

Stephen M Trezza

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney - Tucson, AZ

You need a foreclosure attorney. Choice of court should be left to him.

Michael A. Koplen

Michael A. Koplen

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney - New City, NY

The answer to your question is very simple. You need an attorney who has experience and understanding in foreclosure law, as well as a familiarity with the latest laws and regulations that have been promulgated in recent times as a result of the robo-signing fiasco and the massive fraud that permeated the mortgage industry. I would also recommend you hire a firm with a proven record in bankruptcy law as the two fields converge on several levels. You have many powerful remedies available to you, and you will find the courts receptive to a well-argued case, though sometimes judges need to be educated. Good luck to you; I regard your type of case as "low-hanging fruit".

John P Fazzio III

John P Fazzio III

Foreclosure Attorney - New York, NY

The Max Gardner comment is on point. The bottom line is you may have a civil fraud claim independent of the foreclosure issue. It sounds like the lender already has a foreclosure judgment. This limits your options. However, if the Chapter 13 was filed prejudgment you may still have a chance to make the lender prove ownership though the proof of claim procedure. This is a very complicated area of intersection of the law. If you disprove the creditor's standing this may complicate getting a plan confirmed, but could give rise to statutory penalties if it has been properly developed.

Deborah F Bowinski

Deborah F Bowinski

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney - Denver, CO

I agree with the others, however if you are currently in a chapter 13 case the claim against the lender may not belong to you - it may belong to your trustee and it may be property of the bankruptcy estate. You should speak with your bankruptcy attorney to see who owns the cause of action at this time. If it is yours to pursue, then speak with a foreclosure expert.

Thomas A McAvity

Thomas A McAvity

Bankruptcy Attorney - Portland, OR

One resource would be Max Gardner's web site. He maintains a list of attorneys who practice in the area of both foreclosure and Chapter 13. All of these attorneys have completed a rigorous and expensive three day seminar that focuses on the intersection of Chapter 13 and foreclosure related issues. Gardner is widely regarded as the leader in this field. Many of tho attorneys on his list would be in New York. Good luck.

Ashley Anne Digiulio

Ashley Anne Digiulio

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney - Marietta, GA

You would need to talk to a debtor's rights attorney, or a foreclosure defense attorney about the fraud issue, but it is unlikely to go anywhere since you have no damages. Since you are in chapter 13, likely to stop your foreclosure, it is probable that you should ride out the bankruptcy and catch up your mortgage. Chances are, you know you are behind in payments, and that you owe the money to someone. Defending a foreclosure and complaining "fraud" is not a good long term solution to dealing with a mortgage you are struggling with. Chapter 13 is a better solution, Hopefully, that's all you'll need.
The DiGiulio Law Firm, LLC.
Www.bankruptcy-lawyer-atlanta-ga.com
770-309-9551

----- Reply message -----

Lois R Beasley-Carlisle

Lois R Beasley-Carlisle

Bankruptcy Attorney - Birmingham, AL

Your bankruptcy attorney may be able to refer you to someone if he cannot file an adversary proceeding for you in bankruptcy court. It may be too late if you didn't act quick enough on the judgment that has been taken. Sometimes you can set judgments aside if you don't wait for too long under the right facts. You need to go immediately see an attorney handling foreclosures, or google and see if the creditor has a class action filed against them and you can contact that attorney. Good luck.