Skip to main content

My mortage company hasnt claimed me paying my mortage since feb 2007 resulting in me never being able to establish or get credit

Anchorage, AK |

what can or am i allowed to do and have they broke any laws

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I added tags to increase your response. You can hire a credit counseling company to take immediate steps to repair your credit rating. You may also try to find a lawyer who understands the Fair Credit Reporting Act to see if you have a case for damages.

David Mallen

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.


More details would have helped you to get more answers to your question. What was the reason your mortgage company didn't report you making payments? Was it because you filed bankruptcy or because you didn't make the payments or because they don't report to the credit bureau.

I have published a 10 part series about rebuilding credit after bankruptcy that is on the list of my legal guides. Scroll past the information that doesn't interest you to find the info that does. Hope this perspective helps!

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer