My moms SSI was denied, I am a minor what can I do?

Asked about 1 year ago - Naples, FL

My mom has mental illnesses and hasn't had a job in years. She applied to get SSI benefits but it was denied so she just requested they look over the case again. The thing is, because she has no job I suffer too. She cannot provide for me financially. What options do I have? I just turned 17

Attorney answers (3)

  1. William Charles Rosenfelt

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Do you have any family members in the area? I would think that some local churches, food kitchen's, etc. might be able to help you with food. Good luck!

    Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the... more
  2. Carin Manders Constantine

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need an advocate. I am 4 hours from you, but I was also 'emancipated" when I was 17 because my mother was disabled. You have touched my heart. Call me on my cell at 727-488-8272 and we can talk.

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq.... more
  3. James W Chandler


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Do you have any other available family members?

    You can always contact DCF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,002 answers this week

3,019 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,002 answers this week

3,019 attorneys answering