My moms boyfriends send me rude text messages everyday. Do I have a harassment suit on my hands?

Asked about 1 year ago - Renton, WA

Like calling me a hoe, locking me out the house after 9:30 or 10 pm even tho I'm 21 years old. Stalking me on my social networks. Keeps calling for no reason. Trying to call the police on me if I come to the house late. Playing on my phone as a different person.. All this because I been out of a job for a month and half almost. Oh when I didn't have a job he would hack my my phone from the computer and call my friends and say mean stuff about me. I have text messages from him still. He texts me everyday about something negative.

1. Frank Anthony Natoli

Pro

6

Answered . The court are not there as forum to entertain family drama even though it ends up that way often.

If you all reside together perhaps it is time to move out and get your place.

Regards to the harassment, what you described may certainly rise to that level but it depends. How often are the calls and messages coming? What are their content, etc?

I suggest you focus on your independence and ignore everything else. If you believe you have actionable claims against him you may want to bring the matter to your small claims court.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    (see Disclaimer)

2. John P Corrigan

5

Answered . Tell your Mom what is happening and ask her to resolve this problem as it is her boyfriend and not your father that you have to answer to. Perhaps he is just worried you are going to become a financial drag on the household and not go get another job which he finds intolerable. This is a family counseling type matter and not a legal matter as annoying as it might be....there is a price to pay when still under a parent's roof.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.