My mom was approved for welfare and now is being investigated for not reporting my income

Waynesburg, OH |
Filed under: Fraud

i recently started selling on ebay nd making 5000 dollars a month on it and i was hiding from my parents my parents will not let me do anything even thou im 20 yrs old well my mom did not know that i was doing it and welfare is investigated it now if my mom gets charge for welfare fraud and this being the first time being charge with anything what can she face or if i tell the jungle that i was hiding the income from my parent can they would they let her go and i take the fall for it

I would suggest you mom contact legal aid and obtain services of an attorney to represent her. You can certainly testify as to what happened.

Welfare fraud can bring jail time. You can try to take responsibility, but they may not believe you Mom was that ignorant of your activities.

The information you obtain from this website is not legal advice.

She signed the application she may be liable, both civilly and criminally.

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.