My mom wants to get an order of protection against me

Asked over 1 year ago - Johnson City, NY

I live in new york and My mother wants to get an order of protection against me, what does that mean and she says she's going to throw me out when she does. In 17 right now what is going to happen thanks. Also what should I tell the judge to make him stop this nonsense? All of this is a power thing she just wants to be in control so she has been trying to scare me but now I think she might do it. She also said she is willing to lie and say things like I steal from her but she obviously has no proof but my grandmother is willing to lie on her behalf will that hold up? Also how long does the process take, thanks.

There is no physical abuse whatsoever she just wants things done entirely her way and me changing the house up a little while she's at work is a problem (e.g. Closing the windows)
Will this go through? Obviously whe will over-hype the details so she might get a case but for little mischievous things plus just changing the house up a little do you think a judge will do it? - edit

1. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

Answered . The process can take years. A Family Offense petition offers "up front" relief so adjournments are quite liberal.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . See my answer to your prior question.

3. Maria C. Tebano

Answered . Has your mother filed a petition in family court? In order for her to get an order of protection against you, she will have to file a family offense petition. Your facts seem somewhat odd. Other then changing things around in the house, what basis would she have for requesting such relief?