Skip to main content

My mom is 78 and i am 31 and disabled on disability ... she has reverse mortgage on home and i wanna keep it after she passes

Lindale, TX |

there is no way that i can afford a mortgage payment after she passes away just on disability but its the house i grew up in ....i dont know what to to

Attorney Answers 2


Sorry to inform you that you will not meet the age requirement and should find another solution.
Maybe your Mom's inheritance to you can pay it off.
i think you should meet with a social security disability attorney to make sure you can maximize your benefits that are availible.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Gather all information on your mother's reverse mortgage, including the current unpaid balance, and take it to an attorney experienced in estate planning and social security disability. Also, your mother should have a lawyer prepare a Will for her. There may be solutions to these multiple problems but they are not going to solve themselves. You are going to need some professional advice. Do not wait.

DISCLAIMER: This is not specific legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics