My mom had a Slip and Fall Accident at Walmart today.

Asked 6 months ago - Lake Elsinore, CA

She step on a piece of cardboard left on the ground. She injured her right knee ,lower back and hit her head on the ground. The store manager did a report and called the paramedics. We are looking for a good lawyer that could help us with this type of case but don't know which one to pick. We live in Lake Elsinore ,CA.

1. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

5

1

Answered . it's tough to take on wal-mart. i think get an LA or OC attorney. i personally don't love slip and fall cases but i can def. recommend people. the good news is you have time to select a lawyer and get her into better treatment.

2. Robert Bruce Kopelson

Pro

4

1

Answered . Find one who only handles injury cases. preferably one who is a member of the CAOC (Consumer Attorneys Of Calif).

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

6

Answered . Wal-Mart has a history of defending against claims to the absolute end. Find a great personal injury attorney to help your mom!!

4. Michael Anthony Donlon

5

Answered . With a slip and fall the sooner you retain counsel the better. This is because there is usually critical evidence which tends to disappear rather quickly following a fall. Consult with a reputable injury attorney asap. He/she will know how to have the evidence preserved. Best of luck.

5. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

3

Answered . A PI lawyer's dream is to sue a deep pocket behemoth like Walmart. However as expressed by my colleagues, Walmart's policy is to fight almost every PI case. Their resources are insurmountable. An anatomy of the perfect plaintiff that would justify taking on a plaintiff such as Walmart would entail: A middle age person, who suffers injuries in excess of $250,000.00. Who is unable to go back to work for at least six months and has a permanent loss of his job, or will work at a reduced rate due to his disability arising from the accident.. All other cases depending on their severity and on the negligence by Walmart are evaluated first to see if they overcome the Notice requirement and second, if the facts of the case justify going after Walmart. Not all slip and fall cases are Walmart's fault and more often than not, consumers have to exercise due care. Having said all that. I believe that if your mother has serious injuries, you should have a PI attorney review your case. Best of luck.

6. Michael Shemtoub

3

Answered . I live and work in California and deal with accidents like yours, so I am happy to answer your question. The answer to your question is your gut instinct is right!! You want to make sure you hire someone with experience in slip and fall accidents. I like the fact that a report was taken and that paramedics were called in your case. Our firm does not usually settle cases until the client is 100%. We look at the case as a whole and attempt to figure out what the settlement should be. The insurance company will make you believe that your case is worth very little... Regarding pain and suffering, you need to speak to an experienced attorney that can strategize your case. Just because you were in an accident doesn't mean you have pain and suffering, at least thats what the insurance companies think. Make no doubt about it you have a great case, but you need help from a professional. You are entitled to your medical bills being covered as well.

Do you feel that you are at the same medical condition that you were before the accident? As a basic premise I wouldn't handle your claim by yourself. The attorney you hired can likely refer you to a doctor, if you ask for one, who will see you with no upfront payment! I've done this many times to help my clients out. You should not wait a single day to hire a lawyer, we will advise you on the strategy of your case. There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney.

With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement, but your case definitely needs to be developed further to corroborate your story. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled many of these cases in the Riverside, CA area.

Its very possible that your case is worth more than the $$$ that the insurance company will offer you by yourself. Make your life easier and call an attorney today, you won't regret it. We give free consultations!

Pro

2

Answered . She can have a local personal injury lawyer investigate. Avvo has terrific "find a lawyer" tool.

8. Philip Anthony Fabiano

1

Answered . There is no question that Wal_Mart is a challenge but they are all challenges anymore.
    The improve your case and increase the chances for success you need to retain a lawyer as soon as possible.