My mom had a Slip and Fall Accident at Walmart today.

Lake Elsinore, CA |

She step on a piece of cardboard left on the ground. She injured her right knee ,lower back and hit her head on the ground. The store manager did a report and called the paramedics. We are looking for a good lawyer that could help us with this type of case but don't know which one to pick. We live in Lake Elsinore ,CA.

Find one who only handles injury cases. preferably one who is a member of the CAOC (Consumer Attorneys Of Calif).

Can you recommend me a attorney that is a member of CAOC.That would help us with this type of case.

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Go to https://www.caoc.org/ See if you an contact CAOC online or phone. Tell them what county, or cities are close by and ask them to give you some names of people who do premises liability cases.

it's tough to take on wal-mart. i think get an LA or OC attorney. i personally don't love slip and fall cases but i can def. recommend people. the good news is you have time to select a lawyer and get her into better treatment.

What you think of this attorney, The Law Firm of Rivers J. Morrell, III. Link to his website http://www.rjmlawfirm.com/. or who would you recommend that could help my mom out Thank you.

Christopher John Gansen

Christopher John Gansen

I don't know them at all. You'll have to contact them and see if they're reputable.

Yes i will contact them tomorrow. But who would you recommend for this type of case?

Wal-Mart has a history of defending against claims to the absolute end. Find a great personal injury attorney to help your mom!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

With a slip and fall the sooner you retain counsel the better. This is because there is usually critical evidence which tends to disappear rather quickly following a fall. Consult with a reputable injury attorney asap. He/she will know how to have the evidence preserved. Best of luck.

I am not familiar with the circumstances underlying this particular incident. Please be advised that the foregoing is not legal advice and in no way constitutes the formation of an attorney-client relationship. Do not take action based on the above. Do consult with an attorney in your area as soon as possible. If you are in New York State contact me directly at (607) 936-8057.

A PI lawyer's dream is to sue a deep pocket behemoth like Walmart. However as expressed by my colleagues, Walmart's policy is to fight almost every PI case. Their resources are insurmountable. An anatomy of the perfect plaintiff that would justify taking on a plaintiff such as Walmart would entail: A middle age person, who suffers injuries in excess of $250,000.00. Who is unable to go back to work for at least six months and has a permanent loss of his job, or will work at a reduced rate due to his disability arising from the accident.. All other cases depending on their severity and on the negligence by Walmart are evaluated first to see if they overcome the Notice requirement and second, if the facts of the case justify going after Walmart. Not all slip and fall cases are Walmart's fault and more often than not, consumers have to exercise due care. Having said all that. I believe that if your mother has serious injuries, you should have a PI attorney review your case. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

I live and work in California and deal with accidents like yours, so I am happy to answer your question. The answer to your question is your gut instinct is right!! You want to make sure you hire someone with experience in slip and fall accidents. I like the fact that a report was taken and that paramedics were called in your case. Our firm does not usually settle cases until the client is 100%. We look at the case as a whole and attempt to figure out what the settlement should be. The insurance company will make you believe that your case is worth very little... Regarding pain and suffering, you need to speak to an experienced attorney that can strategize your case. Just because you were in an accident doesn't mean you have pain and suffering, at least thats what the insurance companies think. Make no doubt about it you have a great case, but you need help from a professional. You are entitled to your medical bills being covered as well.

Do you feel that you are at the same medical condition that you were before the accident? As a basic premise I wouldn't handle your claim by yourself. The attorney you hired can likely refer you to a doctor, if you ask for one, who will see you with no upfront payment! I've done this many times to help my clients out. You should not wait a single day to hire a lawyer, we will advise you on the strategy of your case. There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney.

With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement, but your case definitely needs to be developed further to corroborate your story. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled many of these cases in the Riverside, CA area.

Its very possible that your case is worth more than the $$$ that the insurance company will offer you by yourself. Make your life easier and call an attorney today, you won't regret it. We give free consultations!

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

She can have a local personal injury lawyer investigate. Avvo has terrific "find a lawyer" tool.

There is no question that Wal_Mart is a challenge but they are all challenges anymore.
The improve your case and increase the chances for success you need to retain a lawyer as soon as possible.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.