Skip to main content

My mom doesn't have full custody over me. can I move outt and live with someone else without her permission?

Yakima, WA |

I want to be emancipated without taking it to court. My mom has bipolar, depression, and anxiety. She has mental breakdowns, when she has them she gets violent. She breaks things and says hurtful things. I feel like she isn't mentally fit to take care of a 16 year old. I live in Washington state. Can I move out and live with someone else without her permission and not take it to court?

Attorney Answers 1


I would suggest you contact the Yakima County Juvenile Court and talk with them about a CHINS petition.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees