My mom died in 1997, I was not there when she passed. It has been 16 years and I have not received any inheritance.

Asked 12 months ago - New York, NY

When I ask my brother and sister about my share of the inheritance due me, if any, they avoid the issue and discontinue talking to me.
Unless I was excluded by name from the will I should receive something. What should I do next?

1. Celia R Reed

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . The likelihood that you are going to receive anything sixteen years after your mother's death is not good. You should consult with a probate attorney about your situation.

2. Steven M Zelinger

Pro

3

1

Answered . Why did you wait so long? Consult with a NY probate attorney but the statute of limitation and/or the practical chance to recover anything has probably long since passed.