My misdemeanor trial is set for 11/26. How can I get it moved up to Oct 15th?

Asked over 2 years ago - Encinitas, CA

Just want to get this done so I can travel.

1. 2

Answered . Ask your lawyer to call the prosecutor. And if they agree and can subpoena their witnesses then your lawyer needs to add your case onto the court calendar asap to ask for a new earlier trial date.

2. 2

Answered . Speak to your attorney. You have a right to trial within 60 days if you are charged with a felony and 30 days if charged with a misdemeanor. Moving it up would require noticing the court and the District Attorney on your plans to move the date up.

Maybe moving it up is not in your best interest. That is why you should speak to your attorney.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.
  3. 2

Answered . You can call the clerk or go to the courthouse to request a continuance.

4. 2

Answered . The DA and their witnesses are entitled to reasonable notice. 10/15 is unrealistic. Contact your attorney and maybe a date in late October or early November might work.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555