My medical records were altered by a doctor trying to damage my credibility as a witness in a trial against another doctor.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fullerton, CA

Do I have any recourse? Can I file an action of some kind to force the doctor to correct the misinformation and provide a written apology and/or explanation for the alterations he made to my medical records? He destroyed my reputation and, as a result, there are no doctors willing to treat me now. Is this something an attorney would be able to help me with?

Additional information

I'd like to thank all the attorneys that responded to my post! I'm wondering if there are any attorneys from (or near) North Orange County, California, who might be interested in helping me? I have all the necessary documentation, and the hospital (St. Jude's in Fullerton, CA) has verbally apologized. They are asking me to come for a meeting with the doctor responsible for the malicious alterations and the hospital administrators, but I'm afraid to go alone.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Expoliation inference.

  2. 5

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I would contact and consult with a local attorney. Get all the relevant documents to the attorney for review.

  3. 4

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Bring all of your records to a lawyer. If you can prove that the records were tampered with, you typically have a cause of action. Good luck.

Related Topics

Medical malpractice

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Pain and suffering for personal injury

Pain and suffering refers to physical and mental trauma caused by an injury, and is often a significant component of non-economic damages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,969 answers this week

3,707 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,969 answers this week

3,707 attorneys answering