My medical bill for my car accedent injury was 35000. I was a passenger and car hit us.

Dearborn, MI |

Once I get my settlment check do I have to pay the 35000 dollers from my settlment check or do the insurance pay for it. Be couse they coused the accedent thnx

Unless you have an agreement with the insurance company to pay the $35,000 medical bill separate and apart from your settlement check, it will be your responsibility to pay it. You should hire a lawyer to make sure that everything gets paid and possibly negotiate down the medical bills.

What is the policy limits? What is the offer?I would advise consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney before doing anything else.

If your settlement check is for pain and suffering from the at fault driver's insurance company... This settlement does not include medical expenses. You have a separate claim for medical bills called your no-fault claim. This typically comes from your own (but there is a whole scheme set up for determining who pays your no fault benefits) but please be aware there is a 1 yr time limit for making this claim in addition to one yr to get any bill paid from the date you incurr it. I would urge you to talk with a lawyer who specializes in no-fault automobile insurance claims.

Your medical insurance is primary. If no medical insurance than your no-fault insurance is responsible

Always consult an attorney IMMEDIATELY as there are time limitations on filing a lawsuit.

Don't play lawyer, retain one. Your bills could exceed your recovery without a lawyer, so get one. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low contingency fee. Good luck.