My mattress flew out of the back of my truck causing a 6 car accident, am i liable for all 6 cars?

Montclair, CA |

I was on the fwy and My mattress flew out I had them tied down but flew out , I was driving on the fast lane going 65 mph the mattress tumbled to the 1st lane . causing a 6 car accident . are all the cars my responsibility if so I don't think I have enough for all the damages . no deaths involved only muscle and whip lash per the officer statement

Liability will turn on many things. Let your insurance company work it out.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs.

Agree with the other contributors. Bear in mind, you started the chain of events. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

Potentially you are responsible for all claims, property damage and injury, arising from this incident. Depending on the facts, its also possible other drivers are liable. Your insurance will attempt to settle all claims within the amount of insurance (policy limit) that you have. Talk to your insurance adjuster to find out whether the claims against you will be settled.

This is an issue that will need to be sorted out by the parties and your insurance carrier.

Recommended articles about Real estate