My mattress flew out of the back of my truck causing a 6 car accident, am i liable for all 6 cars?

Asked over 1 year ago - Montclair, CA

I was on the fwy and My mattress flew out I had them tied down but flew out , I was driving on the fast lane going 65 mph the mattress tumbled to the 1st lane . causing a 6 car accident . are all the cars my responsibility if so I don't think I have enough for all the damages . no deaths involved only muscle and whip lash per the officer statement

1. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

11

Answered . Potentially you are responsible for all claims, property damage and injury, arising from this incident. Depending on the facts, its also possible other drivers are liable. Your insurance will attempt to settle all claims within the amount of insurance (policy limit) that you have. Talk to your insurance adjuster to find out whether the claims against you will be settled.

2. Sean Patrick Lewis

10

Answered . Liability will turn on many things. Let your insurance company work it out.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

8

Answered . Agree with the other contributors. Bear in mind, you started the chain of events. Good luck.

4. Kevin Coluccio

4

Answered . This is an issue that will need to be sorted out by the parties and your insurance carrier.

One or more answers have been taken down.