My marriage visa was revoked under 212a5A what does this mean?

San Diego, CA |

?

The INA Section you are referring to is used a a "catch all" provision to deny a marriage based petition and AOS application. Whole quote common at consulates overseas when there is a suspicion that no bona fede marriage in fact exists, it is less commonly used in San Diego, at least to my knowledge.

You need to read the USCIS revocation letter, always gives full details and reason behind revocation . This one seems to be for alleged marriage fraud, and as a result of an thorough investigation by the SD district office's excellent investigation unit.

You need to seek an appointment with an immigration lawyer ASAP, before ICE seeks to make contact with you..

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with Atty Behar.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with Mr. Behar ... read the denial letter closely.

Also, show that letter to an immigration attorney, many of us use Skype.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Marriage and prenups topics