My M.I.P of tobacco.

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

On the 17th me and a friend went on a walk to go and talk about things that were going on at home. We went in to the woods and talked,walked around,splashed in the lake,ect. So then our school officer came up to us before school hours and started yelling "Why were you smoking?","Let me smell your hands!",and more things. I let him smell my hands my friend tried to run though. He smelt both of our hands and he then picked up two buds.,He swears they were ours. He walked us up to his office searched us as well as bags and jackets. He was very rude during all of this and I felt awkward with a male searching me. He wrote the ticket and called me moms boyfriend. What will happen during court? What will happen if I say not guilty/contest? Im so scared for my court date. Thank you!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Cynthia Russell Henley

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need a lawyer representing you. Talk to your parents about hiring a lawyer.

    Cynthia Henley

  2. Bart Charles Craytor

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You will be entitled to have an attorney represent you. Do not visit (talk) with the judge, the prosecutor, law enforcement, or juvenile probation folks until you have told them that you want an attorney and that you are exercising your right to remain silent. Then do not talk to anyone except your attorney. Do not be afraid to plead not guilty. But talk to your lawyer first.

    Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or... more
  3. Cesar Garcia

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I advise that you obtain a qualified Juvenile Criminal Defense attorney before you make any more public statements about the case. Contact your local Bar Association Referral Service for a list of attorneys who practice in that area of the law.

    This answer is meant for information purposes only. No attorney-client relationship has been established between... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,079 answers this week

3,141 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,079 answers this week

3,141 attorneys answering