My M.I.P of tobacco.

Austin, TX |

On the 17th me and a friend went on a walk to go and talk about things that were going on at home. We went in to the woods and talked,walked around,splashed in the lake,ect. So then our school officer came up to us before school hours and started yelling "Why were you smoking?","Let me smell your hands!",and more things. I let him smell my hands my friend tried to run though. He smelt both of our hands and he then picked up two buds.,He swears they were ours. He walked us up to his office searched us as well as bags and jackets. He was very rude during all of this and I felt awkward with a male searching me. He wrote the ticket and called me moms boyfriend. What will happen during court? What will happen if I say not guilty/contest? Im so scared for my court date. Thank you!

1. You need a lawyer representing you. Talk to your parents about hiring a lawyer.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

2. You will be entitled to have an attorney represent you. Do not visit (talk) with the judge, the prosecutor, law enforcement, or juvenile probation folks until you have told them that you want an attorney and that you are exercising your right to remain silent. Then do not talk to anyone except your attorney. Do not be afraid to plead not guilty. But talk to your lawyer first.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.

3. I advise that you obtain a qualified Juvenile Criminal Defense attorney before you make any more public statements about the case. Contact your local Bar Association Referral Service for a list of attorneys who practice in that area of the law.

This answer is meant for information purposes only. No attorney-client relationship has been established between the Avvo user and Cesar Garcia.