My LTD provider states they have been overpaying me by $400/month. Do I have to pay all that back?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dunlow, WV

I have been receiving these payments since 9/2011 and the company rep called and said they made a mistake and have been paying me too much and now I owe them over $5000. She informed me that they check their records every 3 months, but mine must have gotten overlooked several times. This also coincides with my disabilty hearing and I have to send them whatever back pay I get, minus the attorney fees. This amount is also very close to the dollar amount they will have to pay me after I start receiving SS payments. Do I have any rights or can I just pay back the 1st 3 months since they "overlooked" it? They also sent me a worksheet with my first payment from them showing how they calculated the amount I would be receiving. The numbers look correct to me. Do they have to have to honor it?

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . have to pay all that back