My license was suspended in Va due to child support & fines. Can I get a restricted drivers license to drive to work?

Asked over 5 years ago - Richmond, VA

My driver's license was suspended in Virginia due to child support, fines and taxes. I wanted to know if there was a way I could get a restricted driver's license, so I can get back and forth to work so I can contimue to pay who I owe.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Brian Daniel Geno

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Yes you can but you will have to make some arrangements for that support. If they are not good enough, the recipient will not consent to the restoration of some privileges. Good luck with this.

    [Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

    Brian Geno
    Geno Law Firm
    Red Maple Court Office Condominiums
    10617 Jones Street, Suite 201-B
    Fairfax, VA 22030
    703-691-GENO (4366) Office
    703-691-4774 Fax Email Web

Related Topics

Child support enforcement

Child support enforcement is generally handled by the state. Enforcement methods can include withholding income, tax refund offsets, and license suspension.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,930 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,930 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering