My license was suspended even though I accepted 1st offenders plea & judge said I was able to keep license did DMV make error

Mcdonough, GA |

2nd charge of marijuana less than a ounce 1st was nolo plea 2nd was under first offenders judge told lawyer I could keep my license under 1st offenders lawyer says DMV made mistake am I able to keep civil liberties under first offenders

It is a little known detail, but the sentence which the judge gave you MUST state that "Defendant is to complete Risk Reduction School within 120 days of today's date". If it doesn't say that, the DDS will ignore it and treat the conviction as a suspendable offense.

If that's not the problem, then your lawyer should jump at the chance to make things right. Good luck.

You can contact me at my office at 770-744-4211 or by email through this website. The questioner and any reader do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.

If the 2nd marijuana charge (VGCSA

If you lose your license for more than a year, you may be able to qualify for a license in CO.