Skip to main content

My license was suspended about 4 years ago for DUI. I was pulled over today and my vehicle seized for forfeiture.

Chicago, IL |

A preliminary review is underway, but this vehicle is my family's only means of transportation and is needed to maintain employment. Is there a way to get my vehicle back prior to the scheduled preliminary review?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Were you arrested for a new charge in Washington State? You need to verify if the vehicle was seized for forfieture ( was it a hunting case? - drug case?) or simply being impounded for 48 hours.

    Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not permit confidential communication.

  2. Talk to a local attorney about using an "innocent owner" defense if they intend to take the case to hearing. You can also claim the vehicle is your spouse's only means of transportation, assuming you're married, but a skilled attorney needs to know the details here.

    Answers posted here are suggestions only, and are not intended to replace advice given by an attorney that you hire.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics