My license was suspended about 4 years ago for DUI. I was pulled over today and my vehicle seized for forfeiture.

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

A preliminary review is underway, but this vehicle is my family's only means of transportation and is needed to maintain employment. Is there a way to get my vehicle back prior to the scheduled preliminary review?

1. Scott Andrew Kent

1

Answered . Talk to a local attorney about using an "innocent owner" defense if they intend to take the case to hearing. You can also claim the vehicle is your spouse's only means of transportation, assuming you're married, but a skilled attorney needs to know the details here.

Answers posted here are suggestions only, and are not intended to replace advice given by an attorney that you hire.
  2. Mark Anthony Chmelewski

Pro

1

Answered . Were you arrested for a new charge in Washington State? You need to verify if the vehicle was seized for forfieture ( was it a hunting case? - drug case?) or simply being impounded for 48 hours.