My license may be getting suspended due to lapse in insurance on date of accident.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

My parents were paying my car insurance up until a few weeks before my accident. A month ago a driver ran a red light and hit my car. I immediately went home and purchased liability insurance. The company gave me a "complimentary" day of coverage, but my actual policy took affect the day after the accident occurred. I hired an attorney because I was hurt during the wreck, and I believe she reported the accident to the DMV.

I received a letter from the DMV stating that they received information about the accident and needed proof of insurance from me. I know that I did not have insurance during the time of the accident, and am very worried about a license suspension and if there are any other options to try to help me get a lower suspension time or no suspension at all.

1. Frank Marvin Nunes

2

Answered . Your post indicates you have hired an attorney to guide you through this matter. I would contact your attorney to discuss your options. I have reclassified your post so it will be directed to administrative and criminal defense attorneys since your issues are more commonly dealt with in those areas of law practice.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . No attorney on this board wants to second guess your counsel -- please consult with your attorney about the situation in which you find yourself!

3. Kevin Coluccio

1

Answered . You should discuss these issues directly with your attorney.