Skip to main content

My license is suspended for 1 year due to refusal to taking a chemical test can i get a restricted license?

Hayward, CA |

I just received a letter via mail that I lost my adminstrative per se hearing

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Unfortunately, no. Your license is gone for a year. Unless you succesfully appeal the decision (either through a DMV re-hearing or by petitioning to the superior court), your license is suspended for one year with no opportunity to get a restricted license.

Attorney answers to questions on are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.



what are the chances of winning an appeal through a dmv re-hearing?



I forgot to mention that although i refused the breathalizer, i did take the blood test


Your refusal to submit to a chemical test will suspend your license for one year. This is absolute (unless you get overturned by the court) and No restricted license is available.

Legal disclaimer: You can learn more about me by clicking on my Avvo profile. Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.



Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer