My license has been suspended until I pay over $8000 to another drivers insurance. co. Do I have to pay or ? Please help me!

Asked over 1 year ago - Everett, WA

I was in an car accident in March 2012 while there was major ice on the road. An officer wrote up a police report, and neither one of us was listed at fault. At the time, I was not insured. Shortly after the accident, the other person's insurance company started pursuing me for the cost that they paid on their clients claims. They threatened to have my license suspended, which they did. I set up a payment plan and it was reinstated. Recently I was pulled over and told my license was recently suspended AGAIN! When I finally got a hold of the insurance company, it turns out the other person involved in the accident just made a medical claim that they are now putting on me to pay as well. I haven't started paying towards this new claim yet. I have a suspended license until I pay them. Help?

1. Richard Eugene Lewis

Pro

5

Answered . Washington law allows the suspension of driving privileges under the financial responsibilty law. That means if you don't have insurance to cover the loss your license can be suspended. As to the amount you must pay, I recommend seeing an attorney who can verify the claimed losses and may be able to negotiate a lower amount with the insurance company.

2. Kevin Coluccio

4

Answered . You need to contact and consult with an attorney. The attorney would need to review all the paperwork. I am guessing you did not have insurance.

3. Christopher Steven Hoffmann

4

Answered . Uninsured drivers who are at fault for a car accident can have an administrative suspension until the damages from the accident are paid. Call a local attorney to help negotiated this process and payment of the accident claim.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at http://www.hoffmannpersonalinjury.com.

Pro

4

Answered . Have a local lawyer negotiate this down and get you on a payment plan.