My lease expired last month but my landlord took last month rent but i didnt pay her rent for july .

Asked over 1 year ago - Bridgeport, CT

the reason for me with holding the rent was because the apartment was and have been falling apart she was upset that i didnt want to renew my lease and i said that until she fixes the damages and rodent and pest problem we can go month to month now today i received a notice to quit what can i do

1. Thomas E. McCabe

Answered . Notice to Quit means you have until certain time to leave on your own, then landlord needs to bring a summary process action to evict you. I would be willing to try to assist you with staying as long as possible if you would like. Feel free to contact me at attymccabe@gmail.com or call me at 203-377-4111 to discuss. Regards, Thomas McCabe