Skip to main content

My LB expires June 13 , my employer is filing LB to LA conversion . can this happen without Offshore managerial experience ?

Dallas, TX |

My LB is expiring June 2013 , my employer is filing LB to LA conversion , i have been promoted and performing a manager role for last 6 months . I was at offshore for a year however i had a mixed duties of a technical programmer and project leader . When i applied for LB 3 years ago i submitted with stress on Programmer duties and now for LA i have to emphasize on Project leader role . Should i try to make the 2 C Vs in sync and go for a programmer in offshore for a year ? or is it OK to emphasize as project leader ? conclusively can LA go through without Offshore managerial experience ? I would highly appreciate a response as this is my first post .

Please read LB = L1B LA = L1A The auto spell check did not let me submit with L1A and L1B spelled as it is.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Yes, once you work in a managerial role here, you can change to L-1A.

    This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

  2. You need managerial experience with the company, not necessarily abroad.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. Mr. Morales is correct. I agree.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics