My lawyer want me to setle for 25000 for a head injury brain damage it include 11000 temporary disability and 5000 for future ca

San Diego, CA |

i was injury at work in july 2011 i hire my lawyer in august at no vail he has never help me at all now he wants me to settle

Its your case, not the attorneys, so you have to decide if you want to settle or not. Any attorney can only give you advice and then let you decide. If you are unhappy you can change attorneys but I would first sit down and have a face to face meeting with the attorney to see why settlement at that number makes sense. Your attorney knows all the facts and is in the best position to be able to answer the question here.

If you have been diagnosed as having sustained a traumatic brain injury and you have any lasting sequela from that such as a seizure disorder or significant cognitive deficits as demonstrated by neuropsychological testing, the settlement value is manifestly unreasonable. If you suffered a concussion with transient symptoms, all of which eventually resolved, then the settlement offer is overgenerous.

You need to make an appointment to sit down with your attorney and have your attorney explain just exactly why the settlement, in this amount represents an equitable resolution of your matter. If your attorney is unable to do this, it seems obvious that you need to seek the opinion of another local Workers' Compensation attorney.

You need to understand that no one in this form has your medical records nor do we know any of the circumstances surrounding your situation. All of this is to say that none of us are in a position to tell you whether any given dollar amount is fair in your situation.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:

Shall we infer that liability for your claim was denied? Only your Attorney and you know the salient facts.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

Doesn`t pass the smell test for me since brain injuries are some of the most severe. But, no one here has all the facts except your lawyer. If you don`t get a good explanation as to why that`s a good settlement, you can get a new one. You can get a free consult.

Recommended articles about Personal injury