My lawyer thought I lie too much and withdrew representation in a criminal case pre-indictment. Was that proper?

Asked 5 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

My lawyer thought I lie too much and withdrew representation in a federal criminal case pre-indictment. Was that proper?

1. Stephen Andrew Mosca

Pro

6

Answered . It is really hard to comment on what is and is not proper with so few facts. Was the lawyer hired or appointed? If hired, was he paid?
    In addition, lawyers in criminal cases usually cannot simply withdraw. First, they must seek and obtain the permission of the court. If allowed to withdraw, the. Your former lawyer must have had a reason he could tell the judge, and the reason you give, that you lie too much, is not a reason a lawyer would be able to tell a judge at all, so there must be something else.
    I think you should consult with and hire an experienced federal defense attorney as son as possible.
    I handle federal criminal cases and can provide a free consult. Please just call the office. Good luck.

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

2

Answered . It might have been proper. We do not have enough facts.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,
  3. Justin Gary Hausler

1

Answered . This is a common scenario. It may have been appropriate. We need to know more.

4. Christopher Robert Dillingham II

1

Answered . If the judge allowed withdrawal, then yes. personally, if a client lies to me about a material matter, I terminate the client in accordance with my contract. If I know that a client intends on lying on the stand, then I have a duty to tell the judge that I can no longer represent that client.