My lawyer says I get no punitive or front pay damages based on VA precedents? SJ denied employer on discrim & retaliatn.

Manassas, VA |

12 years, good work perform, no discipl action. Complained about mgrs to HR, suspended 6 days after 1st complaint and 15 mins after my investigative meetg with HR - given no reason. Mgrs and HR violated company policies. Investigation of my complaint dropped. A sham investigation (none of my witnesses interviewed) set up against me for excessive socializing; I was terminated. My unempl benefits were stopped because emplyr said that I refused to participate in my own investigation. Now owe unemployment. Can't find job - emplyr gave me bad work reference (have proof). Depo shows that other non-African American employees gambled at work and not disciplined. Evidence of emplyr cover up that my salary was decreased $5K below base salary w/out justification for 6 years. Personnel file altered.

1. Your lawyer knows the facts

Online we can not look at the file.

2. Listen to your attorney.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

3. It depends where the case is being tried and what the facts are. If you don't trust your attorney's judgment, you can call the Virginia State Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-552-7977. http://www.vsb.org/vlrs/index.php/lawyers/ From the website it looks like they charge a $35 fee for the referral, but in exchange you get a free 30 minute consultation with the lawyer they refer you to. I hope this information helps.

The contents of this post do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Any comments made in this post are general in nature and may not apply to the specific facts and law of your case.