My lawyer said he could set the date anyway for Monday so should I take the chance and go or wait for a new court date?

Asked 12 months ago - Middletown, NY

I had a court date set in FL (I live in NY) for Monday and today (Friday) i found out my lawyer cancelled the court date. He said the clerk of court cancelled it but when i called them to double check the judges secretary said he cancelled it and to call him. So i called my lawyer back and he said he had to cancel it because he thinks the defendant was not notified of the date. However, on the paper I received from my lawyer informing me of the final hearing it says on the bottom that she was mailed a copy. Now my lawyer is telling me he can set the date again for the same date but since he is not sure if she was informed we could lose. I am not sure what to do.I am supposed to leave tomorrow.Should i go down there because if she was informed I could win or should I set a future date?

1. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

2

Answered . No matter which US jurisdiction you are in, you follow your lawyer. Let your lawyer decide and implement the adjournment strategy in your case. Don't ask us to second guess your lawyer.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . Repost your question in the Florida Avvo section.